Seal of Vice City Fire Department
The FDVC, also known as the Vice City Fire Department, is Vice City's official and only existing Fire Prevention and Response authority. Responding to all fires and medical calls, the Vice City Fire Department is one of several divisions of the ARFD.
The Vice City Fire Department currently runs three stations.
- Station 1, also known as the Downtown Station, serves the entire main City of Vice, and is also the headquarters for all Vice City Fire Department administrative work, and fire prevention agencies within the city itself. The firehouse can be found in Downtown, Vice City, Florida, and has two large bays, complete with three Engines, one Ambulance around the corner of the parking lot, and two Maverick helicopters on the roof.
- Station 2 is located at the Escobar International Airport's northern terminal. It serves the entire northern section of the Escobar International Airport within Vice City. Due to the lack of space and funding available to this Station's firefighters, you may often see no vehicles parked outside of the firehouse's three bays, and small futon beds placed inside the garages for the firefighters to sleep on. Because of such a heavy lack of funding, firefighters must additionally wait for Station 1's Engines to arrive before they can assist in any fires at the northern terminal of the airport.
- Station 3, which is also located at the Escobar International Airport, can be found on the southern tarmac, and covers the remaining southern section of the airport. It contains it's own small firehouse, complete with a communications tower. Due to the lack of space and funding available to this Station's firefighters, you may often see no vehicles parked outside of the three bays, and small futon beds placed inside the garages for the firefighters to sleep on, similar to Station 2. Because of such a heavy lack of funding, firefighters must also wait for Station 1's Engines to arrive before they can assist in any fires at the Southern Terminal of the airport.
There are several divisions of the FDVC. They include the Vice City Fire Department itself, the Airport Division, Florida Wildfire Prevention, and the Fire Prevention Bureau.
- The Vice City Fire Department, as mentioned above, is Vice City's Fire Prevention and Response authority, whose main function is to protect the City of Vice from unintentional fires and arsons, as well as implement and enforce preventative measures to protect the City. Station 1 is part of this division.
- The Airport Division of the FDVC is the division solely responsible for handling all fire-related emergencies at the Escobar International Airport, with two Stations covering the northern and southern sections to ensure minimum response time in large-scale emergencies. Stations 2 and 3 are part of this division.
- Florida Wildfire Prevention is a state-wide divisional agency run by the ARFD in accordance with local Fire Departments such as the FDVC, in order to prevent wildfires within rural areas of the state. This is considered to be a separate division from the Fire Prevention Bureau, as it is run under state authority, rather than by the Department itself, although the FDVC has complete control over the division within it's jurisdiction.
- The Fire Prevention Bureau is the FDVC's premier authority in the prevention of fire-related emergencies, as well as the enforcement of codes and laws pertaining to fire-prevention safety. Seen as Fire Marshals for each Department, members of the Fire Prevention Bureau are tasked with inspecting all buildings in relations to safety codes, and also have the ability to fine those in violation of the United States Of Argonath's Fire Laws, including any local Fire Laws imposed by the state, county, or city within the FDVC's jurisdiction.
Joining the FDVC is very easy. Simply check the stickied information topics posted at the VC:MP FDVC Applications board, and they will provide all the needed information to make an application for employment with the FDVC. If you have any questions pertaining to the process, you may also contact any Command Staff member of the VC:MP FDVC for more information.
When you join the FDVC, you receive recognition, a sense of pride, and the ability to further your career beyond a Volunteer Firefighter once accepted into the organization. Depending on the Department's funding at the time, more abilities or opportunities may also be opened up to you.
|Argonath RPG Fire Department|
|Vice City Fire Department (VC:MP) • San Andreas Fire Department (SA:MP) • Liberty City Fire Department (IV:MP) • Los Santos Fire Department (V:MP)|
|VC:MP Groups and Organizations|
|Law Enforcement:||Vice City Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Special Weapons and Tactics|
|Emergency Services:||Vice City Fire Department|
|Mafias / Gangs:||Eighth Avenue Furies, Downtown Cougars, La Famiglia di Ancelotti|
|Other:||Argonath Veterans, White Shadows|